For their first official experiment of the Paul Project, Rick and Alexander embark on 31 days of intermittent fasting. The two were only able to eat food between the hours of 12pm and 8pm daily for the month, with minor liquids allowed in their off-hours. The experiment? Without otherwise altering diet would they experience weight loss or lose any inches around the mid-section?
Some of the topics discussed:
- The major issue each met by not making changes to their meal sizes
- The effect the experiment had on IBS issues
- How intermittent fasting impacts a keto (Alexander) and Paleo (Rick) lifestyle
- Results, if any, on athletic performance
- Why Alexander and Rick were sending frantic WhatsApps at 11pm on a Saturday
- In the end, each of them decide if intermittent fasting is now part of their lifestyle, and introduce what they'll be doing next month.
Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/thepaulprojectpodcast for early announcements of experiments and let us know if you're trying them at home.