Are you ready to join The Paul Project team in drinking between 8 and 32 ounces of bone broth a day for one month? In our introduction episode for December we discuss what bone broth is, the ingredients that go into making it, why it’s believed to be a health superfood, and we even provide a full bone broth recipe to help you make it at home. You’ll get all the info you need to take part, drink your 8 ounces a day for the month of December, and reap the benefits bone broth has to offer!
Some of the topics discussed:
- What’s the difference between broth and stock?
- Has broth’s role in fighting the cold and flu actually been proven?
- What role might bone broth play in fighting the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
- Bone broth’s role in healthy bone formation and healthy hair and skin
- Does bone broth need to be made with pastured animals and organic vegetables?
- Rick’s two optional steps that create a tastier, more robust bone broth recipe
- A friendly customer interrupts the broadcast for the first time to discuss the brewery’s food, and recommending we come back when they’re serving it!
Subscribe to The Paul Project:
- iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-paul-project/id1311066636
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Iqoe3dhlgtnau7qzlth6pyoxrui?t=The_Paul_Project
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-paul-project
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/thepaulproject
Looking for some specific highlights? Fast-forward to the following timestamps:
- What’s the difference between bone broth and stock? (4:30)
- Fighting IBS & Fibromyalgia with bone broth (8:12)
- A friendly customer interrupts the discussion (9:30)
- Bone broth for fighting inflammation (15:00)
- Can broth alleviate cold & flu related suffering? (17:10)
- A discussion on glycine and fibromyalgia (19:00)
- Bone broth for weight control and healthy hair & skin (21:15)
- A primer on what to expect before your first taste (23:30)
- Why the ingredients need to be as pure and organic as possible (24:00)
- Rick’s bone broth recipe (32:50)
- Consumption guidelines to participate in the study (41:10)
Products and companies mentioned this episode:
- Heritage Cattle Co Bone Broth (http://heritagenaturalbeef.com/)
- Kettle & Fire Bone Broth (https://www.kettleandfire.com/)
- Nature’s Emporium (https://www.naturesemporium.com/)
- Radical Road Brewing Co (http://radicalroadbrew.com/)
- Soup Nutsy Bone Broth (https://soupnutsy.ca/)
- The FibroManual (http://www.drliptan.com/book/)
Links mentioned in this episode:
- UNMC Research Article: “Chicken Soup Inhibits Neutrophil Chemotaxis In Vitro” (https://www.unmc.edu/publicrelations/media/press-kits/chicken-soup/research.html)
Thanks for listening to The Paul Project! Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/thepaulprojectpodcast for early announcements of experiments, helpful links and guidance, and always let us know if you're trying them at home. More information and show notes at thepaulproject.co.