For their 4th challenge the guys took a cold shower every day for a month in hopes of enjoying a plethora of health benefits including an increase in brown fat, deeper sleep, and an ability to handle the colder winter temperatures starting to arrive. They would take their showers as normal, but once clean, turn the temperature as cold as it would go for anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. But would both guys catching a mid-month cold affect the challenge?
Some of the topics discussed:
- What part of the body is best to hit with cold water when you’re starting out?
- How can you fight the common cold, and when is it time to take antibiotics?
- Why shouldn’t you take a cold shower if you’re fighting an infection?
- What made Alex turn the corner on Bulletproof Coffee?
- What time of year is best for cold showers?
Subscribe to The Paul Project:
- iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-paul-project/id1311066636
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/m/Iqoe3dhlgtnau7qzlth6pyoxrui?t=The_Paul_Project
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-paul-project
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/thepaulproject
Looking for some specific highlights? Fast-forward to the following timestamps:
- Rick discusses getting sick mid-month (8:45)
- Rick discusses a technique he used that appeared to reduce his symptoms (10:50)
- Alex offers some advice on dealing with cold fighting & antibiotics (14:33)
- Alex discusses getting sick mid-month (16:40)
- The month review kicks off (25:20)
- Rick reviews the impacts the mid-month cold had on the challenge (27:30)
- Listener Dave interrupts via Whatsapp (33:20)
- When to have a cold shower to positively impact your deep sleep (38:00)
- Alex discusses herbs and vitamins for boosted sleep quality (40:25)
Products and companies mentioned this episode:
- Andrew Saul (http://www.doctoryourself.com/)
- Everly Well (https://www.everlywell.com/)
- Naka Professional Pro Sleep (https://nakapro.com/product/pro-sleep-60-veggie-capsules/)
- Radical Road Brewery (http://radicalroadbrew.com/)
- TekSavvy (https://teksavvy.com/)
Thanks for listening to The Paul Project! Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/thepaulprojectpodcast for early announcements of experiments, helpful links and guidance, and always let us know if you're trying them at home. More information and show notes at thepaulproject.co.